General Tips

• 3 replies

shogun1953

• Global Moderator
General Tips
« on: May 23, 2018, 09:08:27 PM »
Here you will find tips on playing War Thunder with planes.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 11:31:18 AM by shogun1953 »

shogun1953

• Global Moderator
Starting Rank Procedure
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 11:17:26 AM »
The philosophy of what I call the "Starting Rank Procedure"

Start Round with Highest Rank First.

When working toward a achievement or goal that requires a Rank III plane and you have Rank II planes in your lineup, its said that if you start with a Rank II plane your accomplishments will not go toward the task. By starting out the round with a Rank III plane you are placed in that category for the task and then you can fly anything you want afterwards.

Credited to Hawkeman.

shogun1953

• Global Moderator
How arcade air beginner zone works
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 11:30:32 AM »
Source: War Thunder Forum:
LINK > https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/382708-how-arcade-air-beginner-zone-works/

-The 10 v 10 beginner zone ONLY contains ground attack maps. You will not see any domination, air domination, or frontline missions.

-BR averaging of lineup does not work like regular War Thunder. Your BR will be the highest BR aircraft in your lineup.

-You can partially research a BR 3.0 or higher vehicle as long as you do not fully complete it.

-You can research planes outside of your starting nation

-Pilot level has no impact on remaining in the beginner zone. I've seen players at level 26 who are still here.

-When not enough players are available the excess slots will be filled by AI pilots.

-You can switch over to playing tanks in the regular zone at any time. When you resume playing planes you will still be in the beginner zone until you research a 3.0 or higher plane OR TANK.

-The highest BR for new player zone is obviously 2.7 as owning any 3.0 aircraft will put you into the regular matches. Hence you will never see a plane higher than 2.7.

Credited to Hawkeman.

shogun1953

• Global Moderator
Air Field Usage
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 03:39:38 PM »
Airports/Bases/Landing Strips will repair your damaged plane provided you can land.  This can be utilized in a few different ways. You can land and repair and reload of course, but you can also "jump" after the repair. You can then either choose another plane or change the ammunition loads on that plane. The thing is you will respawn at that same field and must take off again. Unless its at a field which the "redberries" have taken over. You will then respawn in the air. Something that can be used to your advantage. So you can choose somewhat where that plane will respawn on such maps.

Capture Airfields Map: Piggy back in behind with another player and sometimes double awards are given to both on the field when captured. This also doubles the chances of gaining the capture for your team.

I recently played a game where I had jumped after repairing. When the field was neutral  I selected that plane to spawn. I was placed on the strip and took the zoned airfield while I was still trying to take off!

Credited to Hawkman